You’ll be surprised at how fast the climate changes these days. So, just in case winter comes early, you still have time to do some home and garden maintenance tasks. This ensures that your home and your lawn is geared for the cold weather. With the many tips on home maintenance and lawn care Cumming has today, your home will be winter-ready in a jiffy.
Don’t forget to think about your gates when you prep your home and your yard. The coming winter months will be harsh for electric gates. Without proper maintenance, they may suffer wear and tear during the colder days.
Take a look at these home improvement tips below to help you prep your home and your yard before winter:
1. Start from the Inside — Make sure your home is well-insulated. This will lower utility bills because the hot air from your heater is trapped inside. Check for any cracks or areas in your home where the cold air can enter.
Winter can seriously damage your pipes especially if they are frozen. Check which area in your home has no heat source. You can wrap your pipes with pre-moulded foam rubber sleeves or fibreglass insulation. A frozen pipe is at risk of bursting, so instead of spending more money on repair and pipes replacement, protect them before winter sets in.
2. Don’t Forget Your Lawn — When caring for your lawn, instruct experts in lawn mowing Cumming has today to avoid mowing the grass too short. Allow your grass to grow to at least 1.5 inches so the grass can protect itself during the winter. This also reduces fungal growth when it starts snowing. You can delay the cutting until warmer weather is back. If you live in a cooler climate, cut the grass at .75 inches. See more us at Absolute Lawn Pros
You can tap experts in lawn care Cummings has today to ensure your yard is ready. But if you want to do it yourself, below are other tips to remember:
- Fertilise your grass — While layers of snow may cover your grass, adding fertiliser ensures your grass will be lush and green next season. Select an organic fertiliser with 0% phosphates for best results. Ask a professional in lawn care Cummings has today for the recommended fertiliser for your lawn.
- Stop Irrigation or Reduce it — Since the weather will soon turn cooler, there’s no need to water the grass as often especially if you live in a cooler climate. But if you live in a warmer climate, you can simply reduce the flow and the interval of your sprinkles. Check with the nearest landscaping companies Cumming has today if you want to know whether your lawn needs irrigation during winter or if you should stop it altogether.
- Keep Your Lawn Clean — Rake away any dead leaves from nearby trees. This will avoid mould growth in the area. Clear any debris like broken toys or stray logs. If you leave these objects on the grass, the weight creates a huge dead spot once the snow sets in. Once the lawn recovers from the snow, that patch in the grass will have stunted grass than the rest of your lawn. But you can always contact lawn service Cummings has today to revive your lawn so your grass stays lush and green.
3. Be Mindful of your Gates — During winter, the motors that open or closes your gates may have to work a little harder. The cold temperatures that sometimes go below freezing point can affect the operation of your electric gates. That is why it is important that you understand the role of preventive maintenance of your electric gates to avoid reliability and safety issues in the long run.
These are just a few home and lawn maintenance tips before winter sets in. Do not wait until the last minute before you inspect your home. This gives you ample time to have any repairs completed. If you are not confident with your skills, contact experts in home improvement and repair, lawn maintenance services as well as electric gate experts to help you out. For more information, visit their website at: https://www.absolutelawnpros.com/